What a coincidence!

Hi. I was on a sick leave today because of a cold. After spending the whole morning lying around, I ended up having a bad headache too. So I decided to take a walk to get some fresh air. I was going to go to a park near my place but for some unexplainable reason, I wanted to go to the Brisbane riverside which would require well over 20 minutes of driving. It is very rare for me to go that far for a walk even when I am in full strength. Anyway, I got there and started walking along the river. Then for some reason I wanted to climb Kangaroo point stairs which was 107 steps in total! I was a bit annoyed by myself but decided to do it. When I finally arrived at the top, I was looking for a bench to rest. And what I found was something a lot more exciting. I found a small fire starting in a dry patch of the park up there. It was just starting to smoke and the fire was getting bigger due to very strong wind. I went over and put water in my water bottle over the fire. Then a couple of people who were walking by helped me to put it out. It felt like I had to go there to put out a fire. What kind of coincidence is this? :)


That is a strange coincidence.
묘한 우연의 일치네요.


묘한, myohan, strange (묘하다)
우연의, ooyeonui, coincidence + suffix
일치네요, ilchineyo, coincide (일치하다)


묘한 우연의 일치네요.
myohan ooyeonui ilchineyo.


묘하다 is quite commonly used as an adjective or adverb. It has a similar meaning as 이상하다. I think, compared to 이상하다, 묘하다 sounds more puzzling or unsettling. More examples;

I had a strange dream last night. 어젯밤 묘한 꿈을 꾸었어요.
He is a strange person. 그는 묘한 사람이에요.
I feel odd. 기분이 묘하다.

I am feeling really odd right now. :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Please top up 5000 won on my card.

From which exit should we meet?

And then, and then