Who are you going to vote for?

Hi! Tomorrow, I will vote for the federal election in Australia. It is effectively my first vote as an Australian citizen. I am very excited. :) According to the latest poll results shows that voters' preference is divided in almost exact half and half between the current government and the opposition. No one will be able to tell how it is going to turn out until every vote is counted. Well good thing about this is that the counting will be as exciting as a premier football game. :) I know who I am going to vote for. Hope it turns out the way I wish.


Who are you going to vote for?
누구 뽑을 거에요?


누구, nugu, who
뽑을, bbobul, pick (뽑다)
거에요, goaeyo, is going to


누구 뽑을 거에요?
nugu bbobul goaeyo?


Let's talk about Korean word for 'who'. There are 누구 and 누가 (nuga). 누구 is used when the person in question is an object. On the other hand, 누가 is an nominative form, i.e. the subject of the sentence. For example, by tomorrow night, someone might ask me;
누가 뽑혔어요? -> Who has been elected?

Here are more examples.
이게 누구 가방이에요? -> Who's bag is this?
누구 인지 모르겠어요. -> (I) don't recognize this person.
누가 말했어요? -> Who said so?
누가 제일 커요? -> Who is the tallest?

In some cases, 누구 and 누가 can be used interchangeably.
누가 왔어요? is same as 누구 왔어요? and means 'Is there someone arrived?'

Interestingly, if you are talking about a number of people, you can say twice.
누가누가 왔어요? or 누구누구 왔어요?

Bye for now.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Please top up 5000 won on my card.

From which exit should we meet?

And then, and then