I had enough.

Hi everyone. It is Korean or any Asian country's custom to serve large amount of food to guests. I remember suffering from too much food when I had to visit a lot of relatives in one day, for example on Chinese New Year Day. It doesn't matter whether I am full or not. They would just keep serving food because I am a guest. I think it will be useful for you to learn to say that you had enough in case you are invited to a Korean family dinner. :)


I had enough. I am really full.
저는 많이 먹었습니다. 배가 너무 부릅니다.


저는, jue-nun, I
많이, ma-ni, a lot
먹었습니다, mo-gut-sum-ni-da, have eaten
배가 , bae-ga, stomach
너무, nuo-mu, too much
부릅니다, bu-rum-ni-da, full


저는 많이 먹었습니다. 배가 너무 부릅니다.
jue-nun ma-ni, mo-gut-sum- ni-da. bae-ga nuo-mu bu-rum-ni-da.


Both 저는 and 나는 have the same meaning when translated in English. But there is a difference in Korean. 저는 is used to lower yourself when you speak to a senior. It would have been much easier to learn Korean if there weren't the differences between the polite and informal forms. But it is part of the culture. :) I'll cover more on this in the following postings.

Have a good evening!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Please top up 5000 won on my card.

From which exit should we meet?

And then, and then