I can see where you are.

Hi all! Today, a friend of mine sent me a request to share our locations on Google Latitude. Great! Now we can see even where our friends are right now. I can tell the rest of you where I am. It's Brisbane! Although, I might occasionally appear in San Francisco, Munich, London, Helsinki or South Korea! :)


I can see you where you are because Google tells me.
구글이 말해주기 때문에 당신이 어디에 있는지 볼 수 있어요.


구글이, Googleyi, Google + suffix
말해주기, malhaejugi, tells me (말해주다)
때문에, ddaemune, because
당신이, dangsinyi, you + suffix
어디에, odiae, where
있는지, yitnunji, whether someone/soemthing is there (있다)
볼, bol, see (보다)
수, su, could do
있어요, yitsoyo, there is (있다)


구글이 말해주기 때문에 당신이 어디에 있는지 볼 수 있어요.
Googleyi malhaejugi ddaemune dangsinyi odiae yitnunji bol su yitsoyo.


Yesterday, we learnt the form of "noun + 때문에" and today we are learning "sentence + 때문에". Today's sentence consists of two sentences, "구글이 말해주다" and "당신이 어디에 있는지 볼 수 있어요". By changing the ending of 말해주다 to 말해주기, those two sentences can be connected and the first sentence is the cause of the second one. More examples are:

밥을 먹었기 때문에 배 불러요. I am full because I ate.
운동을 했기 때문에 피곤해요. I am tired because I exercised.
노래를 했기 때문에 목이 아파요. My throat hurts because I sang.

"-ㄹ 수 있어요" form means you have an ability to do something.

운전할 수 있어요. I can drive.
말할 수 있어요. I can talk.

Bye for now! :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Please top up 5000 won on my card.

From which exit should we meet?

And then, and then